Miami Employer Representation Attorney
Employment law is complex and mistakes by employers can be costly. Because of this, employers should seek legal representation from experienced employment lawyers. For over 22 years, Penichet Law has been providing representation in employment related matters in Miami and throughout South Florida. Our consultation services help keep employers from making errors that lead to litigation. In the event that disputes arise that cannot be resolved through negotiation, our Miami employer representation attorneys are always prepared to defend you in court.
Establishing Employment Policies That Prevent Disputes
The absence of employment policies and procedures or having outdated or ambiguous ones will lead to claims by employees and to costly litigation. When policies are prepared correctly, employers and employees have an understanding of what is expected of each other, and they can prevent errors and litigation.
Our firm prepares employee handbooks and policies that fit each specific employer’s needs. We also provide employer audit services to make certain that your employment business practices comply with state and federal law.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Review and consultation pertaining to the classification of employees as exempt or nonexempt;
- Review of applications for employment;
- Review of employer advertisements seeking employees;
- Advice and consultation concerning employee benefit plans;
- Review of policies and procedures pertaining to wage and hour law, Family and Medical Leave, employee termination, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and severance agreements;
- Review and preparation to employment contracts, severance agreements and noncompete agreements;
- Training for management and employees to prevent accusations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation from arising; and
- Investigations of employee claims of discrimination and harassment at work.
Agricultural Employment and The Law
With the complexities and expenses involved in operating a farm, it is best to avoid labor disputes and compliance issues, and when they arise, then to resolve them cost-effectively. We provide a full complement of employment legal services to agricultural employers associated with hiring a migrant and seasonal workforce. We will assist you in complying with these complex laws, and if necessary, we will resolve disputes as effectively and efficiently as we can.
General Counsel Program
Penichet Law offers employers a annual program where the firm acts as the employer’s general counsel on employment related matters for less than it would cost to have a full time in-house lawyer. This program includes an initial audit of the company’s employment practices, telephone consulting on employment related issues, representing the company facing administrative agency investigations or lawsuits in court. The firm will supervise and manage outside lawyers who may be litigating matters on behalf of the company. Call Penichet Law if you are interested in learning more about this program.
Contact Miami Employer Representation Attorneys Penichet Law Today
You can contact Penichet Law to discuss your employer representation need with a lawyer by calling 800-652-0408 or 305-373-8809